Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Second Chances

I wouldn’t mind telling myself that I’m missing you
I wouldn’t be bothered to say how stupid of me to let you go
That I long to trace your touch on evenings when you say goodnight
That I long to kiss those lips when you smile as I say sleep tight.

There were days I must say that life without you seemed right
But there were also nights that felt cold without you to hold tight
There were rainy afternoons that brought warm cosiness even without you
But there were sunny mornings too that seemed dark because I’m missing you so.

I hope you still keep the love letters I have written
Because yours are still here and are kept deep within
Do you sometimes think of me and the thoughts of what we used to be
Or have you gotten that far to say no trace of whatever to remind you of me.

If you believe in soulmates, I don’t know if you are the one
Well I hope to find mine before I’m eternally gone
But my heart tells me it’s you, believe me dear when i say so
Because each time I look at myself I always see you, beloved it’s true.

I still wake up each morning with a simple prayer, to tell you honestly
T hat I’d grow old endlessly happy with the person who chooses to stay
I still keep the faith of having you again so that in the end
It would be me and you walking hand in hand towards our final bend.

No comments:

Post a Comment