Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Where Are You

I remember how you cried along when life seemed hostile back then
You cuddled me as the first few drops of tears followed the stream of a flowing grief
And with those hefty mood we trusted life will recompense our heavy spirits
while yearning that one day our fancy dreams will bring us to the longings of our hearts

My time did come for a life heaped with the good things we wanted
But your time to see and share them with me suddenly took that startling turn
Awed with such a page in life I have never expected, I grieved for you
Leaving me reaped the fruits of our dreams and hopes in solitude and in tears.

I went out and looked for my missing piece, yes I still do till now
Believing that one day, with a sugary smile, I will get home humming our song
To find you eagerly waiting on that old chair we used to cuddle and tickle
Happy enough to claim we have beaten life’s mystifying battle of agony and misery

My words may not find you so soon my good old friend
But in time when my mind reaches that final bend
And when my spirit grapples the last strand of my breath
I will see you and hug you and we will be happy even beyond our graves.

No comments:

Post a Comment